Monday, February 10, 2014

Winter blues (freaking cold weather) make it very difficult to stick to an exercise routine.  I admit that I have been horrible this winter about exercising and I have to get back into a routine to lose this last 20 pounds.  So, back on the elliptical and a date with Shaun T. plus lots of water!!!!!  Let's do this!

A little more about my journey.  As I stated, I've battled obesity almost my entire life but my true journey (mental break-through) began in January 2012.  I got involved with the New Beginnings Program at Bailey Medical Center in Owasso, Oklahoma http://www.baileybariatrics.com/.  Dr. Joe Bob Kirk and his staff are wonderful.  They made my transition from obesity to healthier and happier so much easier.  On July 31, 2012, after all of the pre-surgery requirements (tests, psych eval, liquid diet, etc) I had gastric banding.  My surgeon, Dr. Steven Katsis http://www.satulsa.com/main/physicians/steven-katsis-md/, has been an amazing part of my journey as well.  So, I am 1 1/2 years post procedure and have lost 110 pounds so far.

As I began to lose large amounts of weight, I realized that there was no way that I was going to be able to tone the skin that had been stretched for so many years.  So, the research began for what I was going to do once I reached my goal weight.  This brought about the development of my website:  www.internationalmds.com


The journey continues....

2 comments:

  1. I find the internationalmds website to be very difficult to use. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, I would be happy to help you with the website. You can message me on Google+ or email me at: LKGVenturesInc@gmail.com

      Delete