Monday, February 17, 2014

Researching Surgeons

As I get closer to my goal weight, the question of what to do with the excess skin on my abdomen, my thighs and the lovely bat wings that have developed on my upper arms, becomes the next step on my journey.  A few months ago I started researching cosmetic surgery.  Do to the fact my insurance will not pay for such a surgery as it is completely elective (I have chose to do it and it's not medically necessary) and the fact that this surgery is extremely expensive in the United States, I have been researching other options.  My initial research started with Google.  I would find an article on this site or another but I never could find a majority of information all in one website that would give hospital information, physician information, surgery information, patient stories, and pictures.  I felt that if I was trying to find this information and I was wanting to have some of these procedures, other people were as well.  So, I decided that a website where people could go and find all of this information was a necessity.  Hence, http://internationalmedicaldestinations.com/ came to life.  I have been looking at physicians in Mexico, Costa Rica, and even Brazil.  There are so many options and the reduced cost plays a major part for someone having to pay out of pocket.

As I continue to research, I will add new information to the site.  I want to make it easier for others to find safe, quality surgeons at reasonable prices without having to search as deeply as I had to when I started.

And the journey continues....


No comments:

Post a Comment