Sunday, February 16, 2014

Weigh Day

The scales are like a minion from hell for anyone that is trying to lose weight.  You lose two pounds and then gain three.  You get so frustrated and for many this leads to giving up on losing weight all together.  What I have found, and it really boosts the ego, is to pick a "weigh day" and stay away from the scales on other days.  Always weigh first thing in the morning on your weigh day and document it.  The best way to document is a chart on a wall, somewhere you can see it each and every day.  Do not get frustrated if you gain a pound or two, just work harder the next week and drop four pounds.  The closer I get to my goal weight, the more excited I get when I see my number on weigh day.  Today is my weigh day and I am now only 18 pounds away from my goal.  I officially weigh 178 pounds today and I am so happy.  My hubby just grins now when I come skipping down the hall to tell him my newest number.  I am so lucky to have such an amazing support system.  My husband, my boys, my friends and family have been wonderful and I could not make it through this journey without them.

And the journey continues....


No comments:

Post a Comment