Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cleaning Out the Closet

One major thing I have learned is "when it's too big, get rid of it."  I'm never going back to those sizes, so I want them gone.  Since I have started this journey, I have cleaned out my closet at least five times and I am in the process of doing it again.  As I mentioned before, when I started on this journey I was wearing a women's size 28.  As I began cleaning things out I tried to decide if I wanted the hassle of dealing with a consignment store or if I wanted to take them to Goodwill.  I started thinking and decided I wanted to pay it forward and contact a friend that might get some use out of them instead of donating them to Goodwill.  I made a phone call and was met with tears of joy as she was going through a hard time and was dealing with some weight gain.  So, she was excited to have anything I gave her, which has been everything I have cleaned out so far.  I could have taken those clothes to a consignment store and used the money to buy "transition clothes" for myself but I felt a need to help someone else.

Take the time and clean out those closets.  If it's too big, get rid of it.  If you have not seen it or worn it for at least six months (other than seasonal clothing), toss it.  Make room for the good stuff.

And the journey continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment