Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

There is no love greater than that between a Mother and her child

Mother's Day has so many meanings for so many different people.  Whether you have an amazing Mother, you have lost a Mother, lack a relationship with your Mother, you are a Mother, have lost a child that made you a Mother, are a foster Mother or an adoptive Mother, this day has it's own meaning.

I am fortunate that I am the Mother of two amazing young men.  They are the light of my life and make me who I am and they make me want to be a better me for them.  They not only make me a Mother, but also, a nurturer, an educator, a cook, a maid, a coach, a cheerleader, a taxi driver, a seamstress, a laundress and on days when they are not upset with me, a friend.  I unfortunately have also experienced loss as a Mother but that makes me part of who I am as well.

I am also extremely fortunate that I have the most amazing mother in the world.  She has dedicated her life to making my brother and me into the people that we are.  We have been loved unconditionally and taught the importance of God, family, love and happiness.  We were raised by she and our Dad to have good morals and to respect others.  Things that many people do not have the privilege of learning.  I thank her for being our rock.

I would like to wish all the Mothers out there, a very Happy Mother's Day.  Remember you are an amazing woman and something amazing made you a Mother.  Treat yourself to something special, you deserve it.

And the journey continues...

MY BOYS

My Mom & the Boys







No comments:

Post a Comment