Saturday, May 10, 2014

Graduation Day

Graduation day is the beginning of a new stage in life.  Whether it's kindergarten, grade school, high school, college, graduate school, or whatever the case may be.  For some of us "older" people it can also be a time of sadness and realization that those new stages are affecting us as well.  My oldest niece graduates from college today.  My youngest niece graduates from high school next week.  My oldest son is only four years away from high school graduation.  Oh no, stop it!!!  

Twenty two years ago today, a little (5# 10oz) bundle of joy entered this world at 5:10 a.m. and made me an aunt for the first time.  That little girl has grown into an amazing young woman with many hopes and dreams.  In the short time she has been on this earth, she has accomplished so much and has so much more to come.  I wasn't fortunate enough to have my own girl/girls but God blessed me with two nieces that are as close as it gets.

My wish for the next stage in life (as with every other stage) is happiness and love. These apply to everything in life.

And the journey continues...






No comments:

Post a Comment