Friday, May 9, 2014

Mommy Makeover

As many of you know, I am getting very close to my weight loss goal.  I have about 12 pounds to go and I'm very excited.  Once I reach that goal, I plan to maintain for 6 months to a year prior to any additional procedures.  When I started on this journey, my original thought was to lose weight and get healthy.  Obviously the weight loss thing has happened and I am much healthier than I was but I realized not long into the process that at some point I am going to need a "Mommy Makeover."  http://internationalmedicaldestinations.com/internationalmd/relatedinformation/mommy-makeover/

 I'm sure many of you are or will be in the same situation that I am when it comes to any body sculpting procedures, you either don't have medical insurance or your insurance will not pay for "elective procedures."  Mine would be the latter.  Unless you are having complications related to the excess skin or something medically necessary that would warrant them paying for plastic surgery, it's not going to happen.

My option, as well as the option of so many others, is to go outside the United States and pay out of pocket to have body sculpting done.  I have several areas that need attention or sculpting.  A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is high on the list as there is no way that I could possibly tighten all the skin that was stretched over my body when it was 120 pounds larger.  I have bat wings and for those that have them, you know what I mean.  When I lift my arms, the skin on my upper arms wave at you.  So, brachioplasty or arm sculpting in also on my list.  I have two additional things on my list for my "Mommy Makeover" and those are a thigh lift and breast augmentation.  A breast lift would do me absolutely no good as you have to have something to lift and weight loss has taken care of that.

A few months after my lap-band surgery I started researching medical tourism.  For those that do not know what that is, please visit my website (http://internationalmds.com/) and this will help you.  When I began my research, I was spending a lot of time looking up information on multiple websites.  I would search for clinics/hospitals, physicians, procedures, costs, etc.  The information was out there but it wasn't easily accessible.  I realized (along with the help of my amazing, business development minded husband) that we needed to develop this website for everyone to be able to easily find this information all on one site.  The site has only been live a few months and we are continuously adding information to assist you in finding the answers you are looking for in regards to medical tourism.

So, to all the "Mommies" out there, have a wonderful Mother's Day.  I hope your children treat you like the amazing woman you are and if not, go treat yourself.

And the journey continues....




2 comments:

  1. Restoring the body after giving birth can be challenging for some. Fortunately these days, different procedures are available to help women achieve their target figure. And one of it is the mommy makeover procedure. It’s a good option, but it’s a huge decision to make. And researching it beforehand is a good thing. At least you’ll know its pros and cons. Also, you can look for a doctor and facility that you deem trustworthy.

    Glenn Lowe @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always do extensive research on the procedures that you are contemplating having done as well as the physicians/surgeons and the facilities where you are thinking of having them done. Talking to others that have had the procedures done or utilized the surgeon you are contemplating using are always a good idea as well. Thank you, Mr. Lowe for your input.

      Delete