Monday, October 17, 2016

Makeover Monday

Every time I think about the fact that I have lost 140 pounds, I just shake my head.  Knowing that just four short years ago I was 140 pounds heavier makes me sad and at the same time makes me unbelievably happy.  The knowledge that I have reached this goal just blows my mind.  As I embarked on this journey, I had no idea what the outcome might be but I knew one thing...  I was determined to better my health and let the skinny girl out that was living inside me.

I, like many others, still deal with the fact that when I look in the mirror I obviously do not see what other people see when they look at me.  I have come to realize what all of those people with eating disorders must go through.  I have been heavy the majority of my life and have always hated mirrors and having pictures taken of me.  From my perspective I see an individual that has changed and has lost weight but I still see the flaws, and the opportunities for improvement.

Well, on this Monday, I get to look at myself  today and what I looked like four years ago.  It's definitely a "makeover Monday" as I see a different person staring back at me.  No only a person that has had a considerable weight loss, but a woman with a different attitude.  I have been through a significant lifestyle change and worked on making myself a healthier person.  I am a different person with a new lease on life.

And the journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment