Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Clothes Shopping

Clothes shopping never has and still isn't at the top of my "to do" list.  I still have a difficult time purchasing clothes that "fit" and I assume that I will always carry the "fat girl" image of myself in my mind's eye when I look in any mirror.

Yesterday I decided to go to my favorite re-sale shop (which has become a habit as I spent the last four years going through transition clothes and found that consignment stores and re-sale shops were my best friends) to see if I could pick up a few "fall/winter clothes" for my upcoming trip.  My Florida clothes will not keep me warm in Texas & Oklahoma in November.  I am a human popsicle, for those that do not know me.  I had gathered up several articles of clothing to try on and I realized once again that old habits die very hard.  I went into the dressing room and started trying on dresses, pants, tops and sweaters.  I probably had 30 pieces of clothing, of which seven of them actually fit and those were the ones that I had picked up because I thought they were cute but was sure they were too small.

Never before had I put on things with a size "SMALL" or a single digit "8" that actually went on my body and I was able to button, zip or didn't have multiple rolls of skin trying to escape from somewhere.  It really is quite mind boggling.  The realization that I now weigh 150 pounds and I can wear these clothes just blows me away.  Had you asked me when I started this journey where I would have been in 4 years, I would have told you that I would have lost weight and I would still be struggling to get where I wanted/needed to be.  The fact that I have met and exceeded my goals and continue to maintain my changes in lifestyle make me a very happy person.

To each of you that are thinking about a healthier life, are just starting a journey, or are well into the journey and have doubts, keep reaching...  the goals are obtainable.  A healthy, thinner life is very possible.

And the journey continues....


2 comments: