Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Celebration Day

Happy hump day.  It's a gorgeous morning here in Florida after a pretty stressful week.  I made it through my first hurricane.  Thankfully Hurricane Matthew took a slight turn to the north before it reached us or it could have been a lot worse.  Prayers for all those in Haiti, the Bahamas, northern Florida and further up the coast.  I cannot fathom what they are all going through.

As for that pesky hurricane, I had no idea how stressful weather really can be.  Being from Oklahoma and having experienced tornadoes, I thought this would be easier but it's not.  Stress eating is a real thing people!!  Lol Although, for me, stress eating still isn't a lot of food but it makes you crave all kinds of things.  It puts a real strain on your will power but be bigger and more powerful.  You can overcome.  That brings me to "celebration Day."

Today is definitely a "Celebration Day" for me.  This has been a very eventful journey for me.  It has had lots of ups and downs and just like preparing for a hurricane, it's been very stressful.  Like all life lessons, you either use them to your advantage or you fall from your goals.  Today, after four very eventful years, I have lost 140 pounds!!!  I never imagined when I began this journey that I would be where I am now and that things would be so amazing.  As I always say, I would not be here without the unbelievable support of my wonderful husband, my two amazing boys, my family and my friends.  I can be quite a handful and all the changes (physically, hormonally, emotionally) would be enough to scare off most people, but they have all stuck by me and been there for me when I needed them.  I cannot thank them enough.

So, keep pushing, keep reaching for those goals.  Set those small goals and celebrate each achievement.  Celebrate EVERY non-scale victory!  Keep your eye on the ultimate prize and little, by little...  make it happen.  It's worth it.

And the journey continues...




2 comments: