Friday, September 16, 2016

FRIDAY!!!!

Friday, the end of the week and the beginning of the weekend.  Bring it on!

Today, as with any other day, I am thinking about the changes that I need to make to continue my healthy lifestyle.  I have been horrible lately about my exercise regimen and desperately need to get back in the gym ASAP.  I am losing muscle mass and looking bony.  Bony, by my opinion, is not attractive and looks unhealthy.

For those that have followed my journey know that when I began the weight loss portion of this journey, I weighed 293 pounds and wore a woman's size 28 clothing.  I believe I am the smallest I have ever been (maybe I was smaller at some point when I was a kid, but that doesn't count).  I currently weigh 156 pounds and I wear a various range of sizes depending on the cut of the clothing.  I wear some 8, some 10, some 12's in misses sizes.   I wear some 11 & 13's in junior sizes which really blows my mind.  This is not something I ever imagined and can cause tears (for those that know me) when I stop to think about it.

Anyway, back to the lifestyle changes.  A healthy lifestyle is one that includes eating right, portion control and exercise.  It takes all the components to you keep you healthy, not just one or two pieces.  With that being said, it's into the pool I go for a few laps and back to the gym for some weights, squats (I'm never going to have a real butt...lol) and all the other wonderful exercises that I used to think of as torture but have come to enjoy now.

Keep your heads up, the smiles on your faces, those let fortunate in your hearts and prayers and continue to the battle for the skinny person inside that is dying to get out.

And the journey continues...


6 comments:

  1. Thank you. It's an every day struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you're doing great...be safe if your in south fl.. Went from our tornados 2 hurricanes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We were fortunate that it didn't hit us as hard as it was originally forecasted.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete