Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Fell Off the Earth

You all must have thought I truly did fall off of the earth.  I cannot believe it has been so long since my last blog post.

A lot has happened since my last post.  I told you all that I was freezing and I am very much a warm weather/beach girl that needed to find a new place of residence...  well, I did.

Early in 2015 my amazing hubby told his boss that he needed to find a position near a beach or his wife was going to move without him.  In February of last year, his boss called him and told him that he was being transferred to south Florida.  YAY!!!  In April of last year the hubs left me and the boys in Tulsa and headed to south Florida to start our new adventure.  This left the boys and I the duties of working, finishing school, baseball season, selling our house, packing and preparing for the move as soon as the boys got out of school.

On June 3, 2015, the boys, our dog, my friend Holly and I set out on a 1,300 mile journey from Tulsa, OK to our new home in Jupiter, FL.  We decided to take a few days and a little bit of a scenic route.  We wound up in New Orleans, we stopped for yummy BBQ in Mississippi, hit the beach in Destin, FL and continued on to our final stop.  We arrived in Jupiter on Saturday, June the 6th.  It was a long trip and one that I do not hope to have to make again anytime soon (via car).  We have been back a few times via airplane and have had multiple friends/family here as well.  That support system remains even at this distance.

I have continued on my weight loss journey through all the craziness and I have continued to share my accomplishments with many new people along the way.  I am very fortunate that all of the changes and stress of the move did not set me back in regard to my weight loss.  I have been able to maintain and along the way I have finally made some of the body modifications that I was wanting.  I am not done with everything that I plan to have done but I working toward those goals and WILL be there eventually.

In August of 2015, I had my first body modification surgery.  I had bilateral brachioplasty (arm lift) to get rid of the horrible bat wings and breast augmentation.  When you lose 130 pounds, your breasts tend to disappear or at least mine did.  I had surgery on Thursday morning and was back working on Monday morning.  One of the best things I have done since weight loss.



I know I talked about making changes that make you feel better about yourself during your weight loss journey.  Well, moving to Florida motivated me to make a change in my hair color too.



So, here it is September 2016 and I am still working every day to maintain my weight loss and to be the healthiest person that I can be.  I currently weigh 158 pounds.  I am finally in the normal weight range in regard to my BMI (body mass index) and I feel great (most days).  I'm still working on that "muscle mass" in the buttock region but let's be honest...  I've never had a butt even when I was a big girl.

I will try to be a better blogger now.  This blog is really therapeutic for me and if it helps one other individual then it makes me happy.

And the journey continues...


No comments:

Post a Comment