Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Things I've Learned About Me

Losing weight and becoming healthier makes you realize a lot of things about yourself.  You should take this knowledge and learn from it.

1.  I would do this all again in a heartbeat!!
2.  I realize that I hate exercising but I love accomplishment.
3.  I have realized that it doesn't matter how much weight I lose, I will never look in the mirror and see a "skinny" woman.  This is something I have to deal with mentally and emotionally.
4.  I have always been a flirt but it's worse now (thank goodness my husband loves me and knows that I'm coming home to him every night).
5.  I hate eggs.  I always have but they are a large source of my protein.  So, I force them down.
6.  I realize very quickly when I have eaten something I shouldn't have or too much because my stomach lets me know right away.  
7.  After suffering through a liquid diet and more protein drinks/Carnation Instant Breakfast than I ever wanted, I could live without them for the rest of my life (although I need them).
8.  I have had more good days then bad days and the good days just keep getting better.
9.  I have lost 118 pounds and cannot wait to lose the other 15 pounds.
10.  I realize that I still have a difficult time accepting compliments.
11.  I have some of the most amazing people in the world in my life (this I already knew but they have really been my support through all of this).

12.  I love the fact that I am inspiring others.  I have had multiple phone calls, texts, messages and even whispered comments from people telling me that I am an inspiration.  I started this journey for ME!  Shortly into the journey, it also became about my husband and my boys too.  Now it has grown and I want to help others if I can.
13.  I love being able to clean my closet out and buy new clothes.  I've cleaned it out at least five times.  
14.  I used to hate going anywhere near a scale.  Now I do not freak if I don't lose a pound or if I gain one.  I work on it the next week and take it back off.  I realize I am capable of being a thinner, healthier me and I am going to do it, no matter what.
15.  I have realized that I want to help others that have an obesity issue.  I want to help them on their "Journey to the Skinny Me."

And MY journey continues...









No comments:

Post a Comment