Monday, March 3, 2014

Making Exercise Fun

I'm not going to lie...  I have never enjoyed exercising and I know very few people that do.  I have come to realize that there are things that I love that can make exercising fun.  I absolutely love to swim.  Swimming is amazing exercise and it is easy on the body.  If you have trouble with joint and respiratory issues, swimming is the exercise for you.  It is easy on your joints and helps build up your lung volume.

As much as I love to swim, I am a dancing freak.  Several months ago, after a weekend of dancing, I realized I had sore muscles that I was not used to having sore.  Obviously soreness is a good thing because you are exercising those muscles.  I started looking for an exercise regimen that would incorporate dance into it and I would enjoy.  I had heard several people talking about Insanity and how hard it was.  I researched Insanity and found that Shaun T. (the developer of Insanity) also has other workout videos.  One of those videos is Rockin' Body and I love, love, love it.  I get to dance, have fun and exercise all at the same time.  An added bonus is that my son enjoys exercising with me.

Time for some Rockin' Body.

And the journey continues....


No comments:

Post a Comment